Wednesday 11 February 2009

Death Proof (movie)

I think Barnesm mentioned Death Proof was released in conjunction with Planet Terror - see trailer in previous entry. I hadn't seen Death Proof either. I think because of the vibe he's been giving off in the last 4 or 5 years with the Manga - spaghetti western - 'samurai' blood fest splatter shock movies that seemed to be veering off into the scrub of weirdness.

Having just finished reading his bio tho, there's nothing there that I didn't really like. I'm not really a QT junkie but Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown are all in my top 20 of best movies made. I think Death Proof almost made it. It would've if it wasn't for the 'dead water' in the middle. I think that 'dead water' is assumption of the story line. So, my bad there.

The ending though, is in my top five of best endings.



Watch it, you'll like it.

5 comments:

  1. Have you watched Dusk Til Dawn? If not great movie give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am most definately a QT junkie and I enjoyed Death Proof though certainly not one of his best. The Kill Bill series blew me away - loved them.

    Trivia: I see the chick in Death Proof is Uma's stunt double in KB I and II. Zoe someone or other.

    I am confused though...how could you not be a big fan when 3 of his movies are in your top 20?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I enjoyed Planet Terror more, but it has zombies.

    Death Proof would be so much better if it had zombies.

    It's good, but zombies would make it better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lou ~ I'm a fan, really, just not a total freak for his stuff like some. And it's the movies I like, just not the fact that he did them.

    IF they had Ninja's and Zombies, B, we'd have the perfect movie. lol

    Yeah, liked Dusk Till Dawn. Was a good one. Second one was a fraction average.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moko that's the kindest thing anyone has ever said about it, and I liked Hudson Hawk.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name/handle with your comment. It's important to stand next to our thoughts.