Saturday 21 February 2009

Build it and they will come...

The little lady has been excited all week because we're getting a Spotlight 'near' us. 'Near' in this part of town is like 35 k's away, but, I digress. She was all excited cause Friday morn was the opening and the first 500 .....yes, FIVE HUNDRED....people would receive a bag full of shit goodies of the 'craft' variety. Whatever the fuck THAT means. Shit, I think. Yours truly got 'recruited' to line up and received a bag full of shit goodies. She NEEDS 3 bags of free shit goodies. OF course the fucking joint opens at 0800.

We jump in the car AT 0700 and get there towards 0730. Driving along the approach road we notice 'road works' near where the store 'is'. Upon closer inspection I observe aircon duct hanging from where the roof of said Spotlight store roof SHOULD BE.

Oh I LAUGH!!!.

They haven't built the fucker yet. She HAD the right date. They just got over excited in the printing of the junk mail.

ME thinks I doth dodge le bullet. hehehehe

14 comments:

  1. Funny, lol funny actually. I wonder how many others were in your situation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny for now, but you will be back, soone or later, waiting in line and reminding yourself about how happy you are making 'she' happy by receiving that extra useless bag of 'treasure'.
    That is pretty funny too, when you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG wear a disguise and go into the store twice when it opens! I LOVE going to grand openings of craft stores and getting the goody bag. Tell your wife to come visit me. There is a kick ass craft store around here. It's fecking HUGE!!! I go there all the time :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't dodge it, the guns are still being loaded.
    You're still standing there, tied to a post, smoking your last cigarette, wondering weather you really should have taken the blindfold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just to expand on uamada's theme, you're also getting older every minute, and when you finally are dragooned into going to the grand opening, you'll be that much closer to death.

    I hope this helps.

    Seriously, though? I'd totally go if I were there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Women!

    My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. Hopefully a cunning deception plan can be implemented before the next attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Christ, not Spotlight. Check your male genitalia at the door. At least you can get some cheap entertainment by looking for the glazed, pained expressions on the other poor suffering munters being dragged around by their allegedly better halves.

    But remember, revenge is a dish best served cold, preferably lost somewhere in Bunnings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're lucky. If it were my wife, I would still be in the queue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bwah hah hah.
    You'll be there, looking to decoupage something, knit a bogroll cover or scrapbook your baby photos.
    Blaming Mrs Moko - you should be ashamed of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Moko, no women is worth a visit to Spotlight.

    The only thing as bad as going to Spotlight is being amongst a bunch of women talking about Spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, I like going to Michaels, which is sort of like a Spotlight, but I'm there for glass or manly art supplies :-)

    Fortunately, I missed the grand opening and the bag of "goodies".

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey dude, getting more shit is what it's all about isn't it? Better job, more money, bigger house, more shit...see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As I was reading this I was thinking 'we drove past that on Saturday and it's not finished yet" LOL. Ya should have asked me.

    Mate the traffic is going to be a nightmare around there, the first couple of days, we'll aviod it like the plague!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Next time she takes notice of junk mail just remind her what happened last time. And act really angry about it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name/handle with your comment. It's important to stand next to our thoughts.