Sunday 11 December 2022

I love you more, too.


"I love you", I said.


"I love you more", she always replied.


We always loved each other equally. I never understood the "more". I always smiled and replied "Lies", and we laughed. We loved, from beginning to end. 


It wasn't until a random video scrolled past with someone saying, "When I say I love you more, I don't just mean I love you more than you love me. I love you more than the bad days ahead of us."


On it went. Really beautiful and it truly clicked. I loved you more than the pain of watching you die. I loved you more than the impact of seeing your body collapse around you. I loved you more than running when you were holding my hand and you said "I can't see anymore". I loved you more than freezing knowing that was because you were shutting down. I loved you more than running when I couldn't cope, and that was a lot. I loved you more than the fight to be there for you due to the very practical reason of life and work. I fought for you because I loved you more than the fight. 


I love you more, too.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name/handle with your comment. It's important to stand next to our thoughts.